Supervision of PhD students:
- 2019 – now: Salar Karam: “Why is the deep Arctic Ocean Warming?”. I am the main supervisor. Due to complete in September 2023.
- 2018 – now: Martin Mohrmann: “The Weddell Polynya: climate beast or just another hole in the ice?”. I am co-supervisor. Main supervisor is Sebastiaan Swart, University of Gothenburg. Due to complete in December 2022.
- 2016- 2020: (Dr) Wiebke Aldenhoff: “Radar remote sensing of sea ice”. I was co-supervisor. Main supervisor was Leif Eriksson, Chalmers University of Technology. Results published in ,, and  + PhD thesis. Successfully defended on 20th March 2020; opponent Marko Mäkkynen, FMI.
Supervision of Master’s students:
- 2019: Lorine Ferger, based at Mainz University (Germany), “The Mediterranean Overflow in climate change simulations; a savior for the AMOC?”.
- 2017-2018: Lovisa Waldrop Bergman, “Ocean surface currents as a proxy for meltwater export – A modelling study”. Completed with honours.
- 2016-2017: Sara Sahlin, “Bottom temperature sensors: using 2015 Greenland results to successfully plan the 2017 Arctic deployment”. Completed September 2017.
- 2015-2016: Clara Calander, co-supervised with Anna Wåhlin, “Bottom temperature as a proxy for warm bottom layer temperature, West Antarctica”. Completed March 2016.
Supervisor of postdoc Adriano Lemos since January 2020.
I also supervise bachelor’s student projects: Lola Nader (2019), Ellen Andersson (2019), Emelie Craaford (2019) and David Hagman (2017).
Since autumn 2018, at the Department of Earth Sciences, University of Gothenburg:
- Course responsible and main teacher for the upcoming “Advanced Climate Data analysis” third year bachelor’s course (GVN370, starting in spring 2021);
- Course responsible and main teacher for the “Climate Modelling” Master’s course, in English (GVN465);
- Course responsible and main teacher for the climatology half of “Introduction to Geosciences”, first year bachelor, in Swedish (GV1410);
- Created material + lecturing for the ocean circulation part of “Earth System Science”, third year bachelor, in English (GV0340);
- Created material + lecturing in the PhD course “Arctic in a changing climate“;
- Created material + lecturing in the PhD course “Modelling strategies“.
Autumns 2016 and 2017, at the Department of Marine Sciences, University of Gothenburg:
- Created material + lecturing for “Marine models and Databases”, second year bachelor, in Swedish (MAR109)
- Created material + lecturing for “Ocean mixing”, Master’s course, in English (OC4910)
+ Over 200 h as a teaching assistant as a PhD student at the University of East Anglia, UK, from October 2011 to March 2015:
- “Forces of Nature”; course organiser Karen Heywood; autumn 2011.
- “Maths for Scientists”; course organiser Manoj Joshi; autumns 2012 and 2013 (ENV-4015Y).
- “Atmosphere and Oceans”; course organisers Robert Hall and Parvadha Suntharalingham; springs 2013 and 2014 (ENV-4007B).
- “Calculus and Multivariable calculus”; course organiser Nigel Scott; autumn 2013 (MTHA4008Y).
- “Environmental chemistry”; course organiser Tim Jickells; spring 2015.
Note that the UEA programme has been modified since I taught in it, so two courses no longer exist but have been merged with larger/wider courses.