Geovetarcentrum, office 4.110
– a physical oceanographer at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden;
– most interested in polar and/or deep water masses and their effect on the climate;
– co-PI of the international expeditions MOSAiC and Synoptic Arctic Survey;
– in the CLIVAR/CliC Northern Ocean Regional Panel;
– a regular author on the EGU Cryosphere Division blog;
– French (in case you wondered).
I investigate global deep waters, from the variability of their formation at high latitudes to their interaction with sea ice and floating glaciers. My favourite tools are global climate models, but I also work with remote sensing and in-situ measurements, including some that I myself collect at sea. I am currently the main supervisor of one PhD student and co-supervisor of two others, and just welcomed my first post-doc.
News! Jan 2020: Postdoc Adriano Lemos just started – at least two years to work on my Space Agency-funded Weddell Polynya project
News! Two new papers co-authored with my PhD student are now published: Aldenhoff et al. 2019a and 2019b
News! Oct 2019: PhD student Salar Karam just started – four years to work on my VR-funded deep Arctic Ocean project “WAOW”
News! Copernicus Marine Service Ocean State Report 3, to which I contributed (chap 4) is published.
News! Heuzé and Årthun (2019) is published – more info here