Geovetarcentrum, office 4.110
– a physical oceanographer at the University of Gothenburg, Sweden;
– most interested in polar and/or deep water masses and their effect on the climate;
– a regular author on the EGU Cryosphere Division blog;
– in the CLIVAR/CliC Northern Ocean Regional Panel;
– French (in case you wondered).
I investigate global deep waters, from the variability of their formation at high latitudes to their interaction with sea ice and floating glaciers. My favourite tools are global climate models, but I also work with remote sensing and in-situ measurements, including some that I myself collect at sea. I am currently co-supervising two PhD students, one from Gothenburg University and one from Chalmers University of Technology.
News! Jan 2019: granted 4.6 MSEK over 3 years by Rymdstyrelsen
News! Nov 2018: granted 3.6 MSEK over 4 years by Vetenskapsrådet
News! Oct 2018: new job, tenure-track / biträtande lektor in climatology, Dpt of Earth Sciences, UGOT
News! June 2018: participation to MOSAiC Dec 2019-Feb 2020 funded by the Swedish Polar Research Secretariat