Vetenskapsrådet grant 2018-03859, 2019-2022
= My current main research;
= PhD student Salar Karam (I am the main supervisor), 2019-2023.
- Upcoming participation to MOSAiC expedition, leg 5/6, Aug-Oct 2020;
- Upcoming participation to Sweden’s contribution to the Synoptic Arctic Survey, Aug-Oct 2020, by Salar.
Rymdstyrelsen grant 164/18, 2019-2021
= My other main research;
= Postdoc Adriano Gomes de Lemos, Jan 2020- Jan 2022
+ UGOT’s internal funds, 2018-2022
= PhD student Martin Mohrmann, co-supervised with S. Swart and H. Ploug.
- Martin has been deploying autonomous profilers in 2019 and 2020;
- Determined that the upcoming opening could have been detected 5 days ahead via infrared satellite remote sensing ; now the Rymdstyrelsen project will extend this early warning to several weeks/months;
- Wrote more on how exceptional this event has been .
VINNMER-Marie Curie Cofund, dnr 2015-01487, 2015-2018
= My postdoc at Göteborgs Universitet with Anna Wåhlin:
- Collected hydrographic data and produced the first map the path of meltwaters from Petermann Glacier out of its fjord into Nares Strait ;
- Modelled the oceanic circulation of Nares Strait and determined its sensitivity to initial conditions (Master’s student’s work) (15);
- Quantified biases in full depth water properties and deep water formation processes in the North Atlantic in CMIP5 models ;
- Determination of ocean currents from infrared remote sensing – collaboration with Chalmers University of Technology to try and increase the North Atlantic data coverage .
NERC Open CASE, award number 1093171, 2011-2015
= My PhD at UEA (UK) with Karen Heywood, David Stevens, and Jeff Ridley at the UK MetOffice:
- Quantified biases in Antarctic Bottom Water temperature and salinity in CMIP5 models ;
- Determined the causes for these biases: impossibility to export shelf water due to the mixing scheme, and open ocean deep convection in the Weddell Polynya[PhD thesis];
- Quantified the consequence of these biases on climate change projections ;
- Found a numerical solution to suppress the unrealistic formation process .