Project “Would the Northern European Enclosure Dam really protect Sweden from sea level rise? (NEEDS)”, funded by FORMAS grant 2020-00982
Ca 4 million SEK; I am the PI.
January 2021 – December 2024
The aim of the project is to determine what causes flooding in Sweden: remote effects that could be blocked out by distant sea walls, or local effects such as precipitation or tides. We’re using a combination of all data sources (in-situ, remote sensing, models) that we will analyse with help from Machine Learning.
- Myself (mostly for supervision);
- Master’s student David Ek, April 2021 – April 2022 (thesis completed with honours);
- Postdoc Lea Poropat, June 2021 – May 2023;
- Master’s student Linn Carlstedt, May 2022 – April 2023;
- Heather Reese;
- Collaboration with Dan Jones and Scott Hosking from the British Antarctic Survey AI Lab.
Nothing yet, these things take time 🙂