Project “Is Greenland meltwater going to stop the Atlantic overturning circulation?”, funded by VINNMER-Marie Curie, dnr 2015-01487.
Ca 2.5 million SEK; I was the PI.
Started in July 2015, finished in June 2018.
- Myself, as postdoc researcher;
- Anna Wåhlin, Gothenburg University, and Helen Johnson, Oxford University, as mentors / hosts;
- Master student Lovisa-Waldrop Bergman.
Outcomes and publications:
- Collected hydrographic data and produced the first map the path of meltwaters from Petermann Glacier out of its fjord into Nares Strait ;
- Modelled the oceanic circulation of Nares Strait and determined its sensitivity to initial conditions (Master’s student’s work);
- Quantified biases in full depth water properties and deep water formation processes in the North Atlantic in CMIP5 models ;
- Determination of ocean currents from infrared remote sensing – collaboration with Chalmers University of Technology to try and increase the North Atlantic data coverage .